Monday, November 21, 2011

Another Green and Red Card

Yes, I know I said I was going to try to move away from the traditional colors...but I just can't. I keep finding ideas that I want to try out and gravitate to my stash of red and green paper (plus, I have a lot of scraps in these colors and the goal of my card making was to use up scraps of paper instead of recycling them).


I used some acrylic stamps to make the branch and evergreen fronds and then used Winter Frolic (like I did before) to create the ornament. If I make this card again, I think it would look nice to use a border punch along the sides of the green background mat...but I had already adhered it when that brilliant thought came to me. Oh well, next time.


I've got another day or two before I need to mail these cards to Ohio for the Cards that Care drive. So maybe I'll get some other colors in there.


Next up, I am going to try to make some Chanukah money enclosures for my nieces and nephews...so that will get me out of the red and green theme for awhile. Also, I am going to use my new Martha Stewart score board and attempt to make coordinating envelopes, since I couldn't find any in blue at the local Michael's store.


Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment