Sunday, November 27, 2011

Black Friday Bonanza

Black Friday starts late in this part of the woods. Thanks to the Blue Laws in Massachusetts and Rhode Island stores can't open on Thanksgiving Day...so we have to wait til the stroke of midnight to start the insanity. I am not normally one to head out. I am never quite organized enough to have a shopping list ready. But this year, Joann's flyer drew me in. 75 % off Christmas Sizzix...how could I resist?


I was in line with a bunch of die-hard quilters and other sewing buffs...so when the doors opened they ran right to the fabric racks and I walked leisurely and determinedly toward the papercraft isles. I couldn't believe my luck. They were empty, I had plenty of time to browse at my leisure. I met a couple of very nice ladies who joined me 10 minutes later and we chatted briefly. There was plenty of stock so we didn't even have to negotiate who got which embossing folders. Stamps and ink were marked 40% off and eligible for the early bird 25% coupon.


My total haul cost only $31.36...and I saved almost double that! And look at all the fun goodies I have to play with now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment