Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Little Ball of Joy

Okay...I know, it's another red and green card...but it's the last one for awhile.

I really wish I could remember where I saw the inspiration for this card...probably one of the Paper Craft books I recently checked out of the library. In the inspiration card, it looked like a bunch of tiny leaves stamped in a circle. Since I didn't have the same leaf stamp...I used what I had, which worked well. I actually think it came out very cute and very homemade. No one will ever accuse me of making cards that look too professional. At least this early in the game.

I colored the leaves with my Copic markers and added some red Stickles for the berries. Finished off simply with a red bow and then I used the same ribbon for a border on the side since it needed just a bit more color.

I think if I did it again, I'd stamp the banner onto some red cardstock but I was afraid the black wouldn't show up even if I embossed it. Maybe I'll play around with it and make a second version to see how it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment