Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Long Overdue Memorial Page

I decided to spend some time today in my craft room to get organized for this weekend's crop. I only had about 3 layouts left in my Creative Memories box...and several hundred more photos to go through. 


I came across the photos of my little furry friend, Huck, and couldn't resist working on the pages (despite the fact that the ones before it aren't completed). We had to put him down at the end of this summer after he battled kidney and thyroid disease for more than 2 years. We had 17 terrific years with him, but it was still very hard to say goodbye to him and I wanted to make sure that the layout did him justice. I had the kids help me come up with the "things we love about Huck" comments. It helped them to remember the good times that we had together and some of the memories made us really laugh.


I know he is in a better place and not suffering anymore. And now we have this nice memorial page to look at whenever we're sad and missing him.

No comments:

Post a Comment