Sunday, December 18, 2011

One Design...Two Cards

My inspiration for today's card came from a design I found in my Stamp It! Cards book from Paper Crafts. The front of the card has a rounded edge, exposing the inside of the card and is tied together using a plain ribbon.

I decided to stamp some flowers in white on craft paper for a simple and elegant design, but found when I was done that they were still a little flat. I added buttons with twine for the larger flowers and a dot of Ranger's Vintage Photo Distress Stickles for the smaller flowers.

I had already stamped the inside mat of the card and forgot to leave room for the sentiment, so I just cut another piece of white cardstock to form to the rounded shape, so I could stamp Thinking of You. And with another small scrap leftover I punched out a small circle to hide the end of the ribbon that I used for the bow. Pretty clever way to hide it, I was glad I had that scrap.

When I was all done, I still had a strip of the craft paper stamped with flowers left over, so I decided to make another card to use up everything. I mounted it on Bazzill's Carob cardstock and used a Martha Stewart border punch to create the lacework at the bottom and wove a thin brown ribbon through it for added detail.

I love that with minimal effort I was able to create very different cards with the same paper. And now I have an extra card in the pile in case I need to send a note to someone quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment