Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy New Year Cool Friends!

Well, I've been a little negligent with the blog posting, but fortunately, the crafting hasn't stopped...just the sharing.

I've been playing with a lot of my new stamp sets, and right now, I am loving my Lawn Fawn stamps. For this card (a thank you card to our wonderful friends for hosting a New Year's eve gathering), the cute little snowmen from the Making Frosty Friends set were the perfect images. I stamped the two different snowmen on Neenah White Cardstock and then stamped their hats, mittens and scarves on some scraps of patterned paper that I had left over from my holiday cards (I think the paper is from Recollection's...but can't be sure).

The two little birds (also from Making Frosty Friends ) are holding up a banner from the Bannerific set (another favorite). The two sentiments that come with Making Frosty Friends are "you are a cool friend" and "friends warm the heart," but I combined them for my sentiment "you're cool friends." The spacing is a bit off...but it'll do.

I cut the front of the card into a hill shape so that the snowmen could be peaking out from behind. And I used the large polka dot QuicKutz embossing folder to create the snowbank. I rounded the top corners of the card and finished it off with a couple of Martha Stewart snowflakes and some Stickles for sparkle.

I can't wait to put this one in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment