Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy Birthday to Ewe

I got this crazy thought in my head to enter the Stamping Royalty contest for Paper Crafts magazine...not because I actually thought I would win, but I thought that it might give me added inspiration to really get creative. Unfortunately that plan backfired, I got really busy with work, and completely started doubting myself and my creative ability. There are so many talented paper crafters out there! And I can't wait to see who is crowned this year's royalty. Maybe someday I'll get up the nerve, but for now, I am just really happy with this cute little card that I made with some of my new  Paper Smooches stamp sets! 




I used not one, but three, PS stamp sets in all. The sheep, party hat and Happy Birthday sentiment are from the Party Posse set, the "to" is from Word Salad, and the EWE! is from the Alphadots alphabet set. I love how the letters are so random, but fit together adorably. I initially bought the Party Posse stamps for my kids to use on their friends' cards, but I couldn't resist using this one for my own. The balloons on the card are from the Happy Bee Day set from Stampendous and the fence is from the Right at Home stamp set by Hero Arts. I set all of the stamps amid a backdrop of distress ink and ended up with this cute little card that I hope will brighten a friend's special day!



No comments:

Post a Comment