Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Measure Once...thanks to Kiwi Lane Designs

Within the last year, I've started using sketches to help me plan out my scrapbook and card layouts. Using somebody else's design saves me from falling into a creative rut and making everything one dimensional and boring. I especially love the sketches that have the measurements right on them. But even with all that assistance, I still manage to cut my photos or patterned paper wrong....too much taken off the right side leaves me chopping off someone's arm on the left side. Well all that has changed thanks to a FANTASTIC invention, known as Framing Templates from Kiwi Lane Designs


They have created a whole system to help you layout your scrapbook page (or card, for that matter). Each set consists of transparent templates in various sizes that you can position wherever you'd like. There are border templates, accessory templates, photo and photo matting templates. With the photo templates, you can place the templates right over the top of your photos so you'll see exactly what you are cutting (see photo to the right)!

Now I didn't invest in the entire system, but I ended up purchasing the mini and regular photo sets because I knew I would use those the most! 

If only I could just find some time to get into the craft room!

No comments:

Post a Comment