Do you ever think something is going to be easy...but then it turns out to take you a lot longer than you ever thought it would? Well, that is how my first shipment of cards for Operation Write Home turned out.
I had my first shipment ready about a month ago. A total of 42 general sentiment cards ready, stamped with the logo, tucked in envelopes, and banded by category! I was so happy! I went to the post office and realized pretty quickly that I had no idea what I was doing. I had far too many cards for the small Priority rate box and no where near enough for the medium box. So I took the medium sized box home and decided I would "just fill it up."
But if you read my other posts, you know that my real job (real estate) has kept me really busy all summer. And so that box has sat on my shelf for a very long time! But I am proud to say that tonight I finished it (or at least I filled it as much as I could). Thanks to a few duplicate cards (which I try to avoid), I was able to fill it about 3/4 of the way full...70 cards in all. Below is one of a variety of fall themed general purpose cards that made it into the package. Thanks to the adorable Outline's stamp (so sad that they are out of business now), the card came out pretty cute!
Whew! I'm glad that is done. Maybe I'll go for the smaller box for my second shipment :-)