Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Happy Birthday, Baby!

I can't believe it...my baby is turning 8 on Thursday (or in two more days as he reminded me this morning.)

So on this rainy afternoon, I let the kids play a little Wii so that I could come upstairs and get his birthday card created.  I knew it had to be a quick card since I can never count on how much quality time I'll have by myself.
I had some really cute birthday paper left over from last year from Imaginisce called B-day Bash * Hip Hip Hooray and thanks to the busy pattern on that, I could keep the other design elements fairly simple. I used my favorite little guy from the Little Fella set from Paper Smooches. I had seen some other cards where they popped up the number and thought that would look great (cut from the Cricut Alphalicious cartridge). Unfortunately, when I stuck my balloons on they completely obscured the number so you can't really tell that there is an 8 back there...oops :-)

Now, I just need to find some time away from him so I can shop for his presents...nothing like waiting til the last minute. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment