Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Card for Collin

My "to do" list for cardmaking is getting very long. But some days, you have to throw out your plan and just do what your heart tells you to do. This was one of those days.

I was going through my emails this morning, and came across a post on My Pink Stamper from one of the design team gals, Tracy. She wrote about a young boy, Collin (13) who is battling Stage IV Hodgkins Lymphoma. Thirteen....oh my gosh, that is just too young!

Maybe my cancer radar is up! I mean, it is natural. My husband just had a bone marrow biopsy of his own and we are waiting for staging results to determine (not if) but what kind of treatment he will be getting in the fall. But something told me that I had to send this boy a card, today, just so he knows that he's not alone in his battle! So here's my card. (Does anyone else see the image on the left side of the Ipod screen...I know it's just the reflection from the camera flash...but doesn't it look like a solider raising a sword in battle? Just saying...)

Go Collin...and everyone else out there who is battling something today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment