Monday, November 12, 2012

A Not So Random Act of Kindness

Recently, Glennon Melton of the blog, Momastery, posted her Monkee-See, Monkee-Do Holiday Hands drive. It is far too complicated for me to describe here, but basically it is a site where they pair up people (or Monkees as Glennon refers to them). People who have a need at the holiday season post their requests and people who can help them out respond.

One story struck me instantly. It was a message from a husband who just wanted to give his wife a little something for the holidays. She loves to craft and has had to put that on the backseat to take care of her family. Well, of course, I responded right away.


So today's card is a Joann's gift card holder. I followed this tutorial by Kim Score on SplitcoastStampers.com. And here is my version (awfully cute). I can't wait for the recipient to get this. Hope it puts a smile on her face!
Front of card

Inside card (would have been better if I'd chosen double sided patterned paper)

Supplies: Nennah Classic Crest Solar White, Pattern paper from a Recollection paper pack, (I think),
Digital Stamp is Cozy Ian from The Greeting Farm, the black mat behind the stamped image is from Cricut Accent Essentials,
Inks used were Memento Tuxedo Black and Teal Zeal. Snowflake punches by Martha Stewart.


No comments:

Post a Comment