Sunday, November 25, 2012

Learning to Layer


I love cards that have lots of layers and dimension to them, but when it comes to patterned paper, I struggle to mix them up. Today, I wanted to make a Thinking of You card (the last in the batch headed out for Addison's card drive) so what better way to try my hand at layering.

I headed to my idea book for some sketch inspiration and ran across this card created by Nancy Riley of iStamp. So I pulled together some patterned paper that I thought went well together, snowflake eyelets that I've had forever, and the new Cyber Cafe stamp set that I just won from Emily Leiphart during a Paper Smooches blog hop. (Thanks again, Emily).

And here's the final result. I think it came out great!


Supplies: Patterned paper from Recollections and Me & My Big Ideas, solid paper from Bazzill,
coffee cup stamp from Cyber Cafe by Paper Smooches, sentiment created on the computer,
die cut for sentiment from My Favorite Things sentiment strips set.
 

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and so festive, Stacy! Fabulous colours. I love how you stamped those cups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't have done it without you and your give-away. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete