Sunday, November 25, 2012

Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge #148

I've been in quite the crafty mood today and decided to play along with this week's Operation Write Home sketch challenge. The sketch (#148)  for this week incorporates a tag and since I already had my Cricut up and running it was easy to make a tag to scale using the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge set at 2 1/4. It comes out a bit longer, but I just trimmed the bottom.


I had hoped to use another digital image, but had trouble printing them out and then cutting the tag around it, so instead decided to pull out one of my Paper Smooches stamp sets that hasn't been used in a while, Space Cadet. The papers are all from K&Company's Confetti paper collection.

I am pretty happy with the results since this is the first time that I've attempted to play along with a sketch challenge. And the best part is that it is another card in my box ready to be mailed off to the OWH shippers. A win-win!

Well, I hear the Christmas carols playing so it must be time to decorate the tree! Have a great night.

12 comments:

  1. Wow! So cool! Very professional layout and color balance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your interpretation! A child will love receiving this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super! Love those PS stamps and how colorful this is!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a CUTE card!! I sometimes struggle to make cards for kids, but you've nailed this challenge beautifully with this cute creation! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card. I think this is absolutely adorable and someone will cherish this. thanks for sharing ~ Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool...and ya just gotta love those Paper Smooches stamps! Great job with the colors...I'm now a follower of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card. Love the colors and I am also a new follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun card. Someone will love receiving this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card! The image and colors really caught my attention. It is so cheery. It is a great card for a HERO to send home to a little guy. I am the mom of two grown sons and I usually take notice of a card like this. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think one card is plenty when you put so much work into it as you did! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just darling! Love those bright colored planets!! Thanks for joining us in this week's Operation Write Home sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, wow, that is just fabulous! I love the colors, the images, and I'm always a fan of kid's cards! Great job!

    ReplyDelete