Monday, November 26, 2012

Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge

Yesterday, I entered my first ever sketch challenge over at the Operation Write Home Stars and Stripes Blog and I was pretty excited about how the card turned out and everyone's lovely comments...and I think it went to my head a bit. 

Inspiration Photo
So today, when I got the email announcing the newest Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge I actually decided to give it a whirl! I really do love Paper Smooches stamps and have quite a few in my collection, so I figured at least I had to try. But I have to admit, the inspiration photo for this Picture Perfect challenge really threw me. These aren't colors I work with often and they certainly didn't seem to match any of the stamp sets that I have in my stash. How could I work a cute robot from Little Fella, my favorite turtle from Party Posse, or the professor from Smarty Pants into a sophisticated design about love?


After a couple of attempts, this is the card that I came up with and I have to say for my first photo-inspired challenge, I am pretty pleased with it. I was able to  use 5 different Paper Smooches stamp sets including Geo-Graphic, Hang Ups, Pip Squeaks, Smarty Pants, and Word Salad. 

Sorry about how dark the photo is, the lighting in my craft room isn't great at night, but I was so excited to get it posted!

Have a great night and thanks for stopping by!

Supplies used:  Patterned paper from K&Company Jubilee and Echo Park's This and That Charming Boy collection by Lori Whitlock. EK Success Punch, Paper Smooches stamps set including Hang Ups, Pip Squeaks, Smarty Pants, Word Salad and Geo-Graphic, Inks from Memento and Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Copics in Y19, C3 and YR07, blue and red colored pencils for paper background.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun card! Love the doodling look. Thank you for playing along with us at PS SPARKS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME card! LOVE the little crayons! Fab match of the patterned papers and inks to the colors in the photo! Great take on this inspiration photo challenge!!! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at Paper Smooches SPARKS!!! Hope you join in the fun this week!

    ReplyDelete