Monday, December 3, 2012

3rd Annual Hol-ODD-day Hop!

Some Odd Girl is having their annual Hol-ODD-day blog hop and everyone is invited to play along! The hop runs December 3-6 and you can link up anytime before midnight on Dec 6th. Ironically, today's mail delivery contained a package from Some Odd Girl's Black Friday sale...how's that for timing? Nothing is quite as fun as inking up new stamps!

My kids were playing with my Cricut tonight and as I was leafing through the book, I found this little gift box on the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge and decided that might be the perfect package for some holiday treats. I don't make a lot of Christmas goodies, but I like to have a few small packages on hand to give to the milk man, the dry cleaner, the mail carrier, and the kids' bus drivers. I think I'll fill them with some holiday candy to match the sentiment.


I cut the box at 6 1/4 inches on paper from the Christmas Cheer collection by LilyBee design. I then stamped Little Tobie from the Deck the Halls Tobie set onto Neenah Solar White cardstock and colored him with an array of Copic markers that I couldn't begin to list. Because he has a lot of small features, I kept adding colors until I was happy with the result. Then I fussy cut him out (painstaking, but worth it) and adhered him on two circles cut with Spellbinders dies. Finally I stamped the sentiment and added a little red rhinestone bling. That was all! Super simple...the hardest part was cutting him out. (Note: if you look closely you'll notice the bag is stuffed with actual tissues--not tissue paper--I didn't have the right green, so for the photo, this was better).

Thanks for stopping by and make sure you stop by the Hol-ODD-day hop to see what all the other talented folks have created!
 

8 comments:

  1. Awe, he is sooo cute!! Love the little bag you made too. Someone is going to really enjoy getting that gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy for stopping by and for your nice comment. I'm a fan of your work as well :-)

      Delete
  2. Very cute. That'd make a nice bag for some office holiday gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this?!? Love it. I love your blog, too, I'm a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Jenn and I'm glad to have you as a follower.

      Delete
  4. He is adorable! Great idea!
    tfs!
    :)

    ReplyDelete