Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Big Day

Just a quick post tonight. It's been a pretty busy couple of days and I haven't had much time to be creative...but have lots to celebrate.

Yesterday was my husband's 50th (gasp) birthday! And this was a big one. Not only is the number big (a half a century big), but today, the day after his birthday we were expecting pretty big news! And I am very happy to report...the news was good. Michael's half-way through his 6 rounds of chemo and at the mid-point, the drugs appear to be doing what they are supposed to do and his tumors are shrinking. Not a bad birthday present at all (although he seemed pretty excited by the Bose noise reducing headphones that we bought him to keep him entertained on the commute :-)

Anyway, below is the birthday card that I made for him. Pretty plain and simple. Unlike my recent cards, this one didn't even have any stamping on it other than the sentiment, which is from a boxed greeting set from Joann's that I've had for years. The numbers were cut from the Alphalicious Cricut cartridge and the papers are from the Paris and Co. Six by Six collection by My Minds Eye.


I'm going to go enjoy my cup of tea and breath a sigh of relief. Hopefully I'll get some more crafting done this weekend while Michael recuperates. Thanks for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment