Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Lawnscaping Challenge Thank You

Tomorrow is the last day to submit your cards for the Lawnscaping Challenge #47, which is a color inspired challenge featuring turquoise, kraft, and red.

When I saw those colors I immediately thought of the new Simon Says Stamp December card kit that I just won from the uber-talented and super sweet, Joy Taylor.  I realized that this challenge would be the perfect way for me to play along with the folks on the Lawnscaping blog and create a thank you card (or a tribute card) for Joy for sending me the card kit.  Simon Says Stamp is the sponsor of this week's challenge...so it's perfect that I am using their products. I am a huge fan!

Going through my Lawn Fawn stamps, I immediately thought of the Making Frosty Friends stamps. That would be an easy card to pull together with the color scheme...but instead, I pulled out a stamp set that I haven't inked up in a long time, Just My Type. I think that old-fashioned typewriter is super cute and would be the perfect way for Santa to type up his lists. I also grabbed my trusty Hats Off to You set to create Santa's cap. And finally, I used Harold's ABCs for the type. Here is my card:



The blue paper in the SSS December card kit is a little lighter than the challenge colors, so I substituted a turquoise sheet from some Recollections shimmer paper I had and also used a patterned paper from My Mind's Eye Merry 6 x 6 pad to ring the typewriter. I thought the pattern helped tie the turquoise and the red together. I finished the card off with some ribbon from the card kit. This ribbon was so easy to work with and looks so great on the cards. I think I'll have to order some more. 

Thanks again Joy for the beautiful card kit. And thank you also to Kelly Marie at Lawn Fawn for creating such fun stamps to use in the challenges. Santa has put you both on the Nice List this year :-)

1 comment:

  1. love this!! :) thank you for playing a long with lawnscaping

    ReplyDelete