Monday, December 10, 2012

Another Day, Another Challenge (or 2)

I have been itching to get into my craft room after I spent a good part of the weekend running errands and trying to get some Christmas shopping done. So I had a few minutes today and decided to whip up a card for the The Alley Way Stamps Be Inspired Challenge #17.  I have a few TAWS stamp sets and think they are really adorable.  This is the inspiration photo for this week's challenge...pink and green packages. Unfortunately, all of my Christmas cards are done and I just couldn't work the stamp sets I did have into a birthday card. So I decided to go in another direction.

I really love the Tropic Topic set from TAWS and I thought the flamingo would go perfect with the color scheme. In my hoard of paper, I found a couple of patterns from two different sets of My Mind's Eye paper (Merry and Ooh La La Summer Days) that worked well together and tied in the green and pink. But that was it...a collection of products with no inspiration (or Mojo, if you will).

So I went online to my trusty sources for sketch inspiration and thought that maybe today's new Mojo Monday sketch #217 would be a good place to start. The layout was simple enough, I just needed to switch it horizontally and get to work.

Most of the cards I am making right now are going to Operation Write Home, so I try to make general purpose cards (thinking of you, miss you, or love cards). I decided a thinking of you card would be the best option. 

When I am making a card, I really like to try to match the image on the card with a sentiment that makes sense. So either my flamingo would have to have a thought bubble or some cute punny phrase to tie it all in, but there weren't any phrases that worked in the sets I own. And then it came to me.....I'll make my own pun! I used the words thinking, of, and you from TAWS Jibber Jabber Set (inking only the last part of the word...inking) and then "borrowed" a 'P" from the word couple in TAWS Mad Gab set.  Instead of a thinking of you card, mine is now a Pinking of You card. 

Okay, it's probably a bit corny and I'm not actually sure how this will go over with the troops. I'm hoping someone out there loves flamingos...then this card will find a happy home. 



Supplies: Patterned paper from My Mind's Eye (Ooh La La Summer Days & Merry), Solid paper from Neenah and Bazzill (Parakeet), Stamps from The Alley Way Stamps (Tropic Topic, Jibber Jabber, and Mad Gab), Stickles, Celebrate it Ribbon from Michael's, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.


I hope you find something to inspire you today. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Stacy I think this is adorable! love the punny sentiment lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is adorable...great take on the challenge..thanks for joining us at The Alley Way Stamps.. Be Inspired challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Stacey - love the papers you have used too!
    So glad you could join in the fun at The Alley Way Stamps BE Inspired Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it - PINKING OF YOU!! What a perfect take on this challenge. So glad to see you at The Alley Way Stamps BE Inspired Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this!!! Adorable card!! LOVE your take on the sketch and photo inspiration! Thanks for sharing and playing along with The Alley Way Stamps Be Inspired Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete