Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I Dig You!

Hi everyone, back today with an entry for this week's Paper Smooches Sparks challenge. The second week of each month is a Designer Draft challenge. And to the right is the sketch they gave us to play with this week.

After I was lucky enough to win the Sparks Color challenge a couple of weeks back, I ordered one of the newer releases, Tweeters and Woofers and I couldn't wait to ink it up. I have to say this is one of my very favorites of all the Paper Smooches stamps...and I don't even have dogs. The images are just so cute (look at those eyes!)  
I did orient my card slightly different from the sketch, but here it is:


The inspiration for this card came from a design I saw on Beate Johns Fresh & Fun blog (click here).  In her card, she cut strips of various blue shades of paper for a skyline and then die cut cloud patterns into the strips (I am not doing the card justice with my description, so please check it out). I thought carving a tunnel out within the strips of grass would be a fun way to play with the strips in the sketch.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

4 comments:

  1. that is soooo cute! I love that you "dug" a tunnel for his bone! Adorable. Thanks for the shout out.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!!!!! I just LOVE this set too, and LOVE your use of the fun stamps! Super cute tunnel, fabulous take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's challenge!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just toooooo cute, Stacy! I LOVE that little hole for the bone! FUN! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!! Hope you will join in the fun this week:)

    ReplyDelete