Sunday, December 23, 2012

I Like You a Latte

Today's inspiration came from a 6 x 6 paper pack from My Mind's Eye. I've noticed that the two Michael's stores in my area have started carrying these and each store has a different collection. The one I used today is named Follow Your Heart--Be Amazing and it's a pretty collection of papers in mustard yellow, teal blue, kraft and grey. 

There are a couple of papers that have the honeycomb pattern in it, which reminded me of my Geo-Graphic stamp set from Paper Smooches. Thinking about Paper Smooches reminded me of this week's Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge, which is a color challenge using the cool Mushroom pallet...and since there was yellow in the challenge and yellow in the paper pack, I had the basis for a card.

Now all I needed was an idea for a layout. Look no further than this week's Mojo Monday sketch #272 and voila, I had a plan!



This is a pretty simple sketch and so the only tricky part was figuring out what image to use from my Paper Smooches collection. I recently won the Cyber Cafe set during a blog hop from Emily Leiphart, so wanted to ink that up again since I haven't used it much. The sentiment though came from the Paper Company's clear stamp set called Coffee Cafe.



I donate most of my cards to Operation Write Home and am currently working to fill my box with year-round, all purpose cards. I think this one will be a great addition.
Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. That's a cute hexagon print, very nice!

    Visiting from Mojo Monday Challenge
    xo, Kristina
    Would love for you to visit me too <3
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHH! What a fab use of that hexagon paper! LOVE that beautiful bow!! Great use of our colors! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge--hope you will join in the fun again this week!!! Merry CHRISTmas!!!

    ReplyDelete