Saturday, December 22, 2012

Santa Cake Pop Covers

With only a couple more days to Christmas...I  haven't had much time to get to my craft room. Last night, we got together with our three favorite couples...lovingly nicknamed the ABC group (for the first initial of each of their last names). It's so great when all of us get together, my girl friends, our husbands, and most importantly all 12 of the kids get along like one big happy family. So we were glad to be able to squeeze in a quick visit with them before Christmas.

We don't exchange presents, but I wanted to give the kids a little something to wish them all a Merry Christmas and I remembered seeing these adorable lollipop covers over on My Creative Time's 12 days of Christmas blog hop. Unfortunately, I don't own the MCT lollipop cover die (on my wish list, hint) , but I was able to make a more simplified version.



I bought the brownie cake pops from a local candy store here in town, Sweet Lorraine's and because they were a little taller, I had to make my cover larger too.

I took a 12 x 12 sheet of Recollection red paper and cut it into 3 inch strips. Working with one strip at a time, I scored and folded the strip at 5 inches and again at 7 inches, giving me the base to rest the brownie pop on. Bringing the two end together at the top (in a triangle) I used a standard hole punch and punched two holes about 3/4 of an inch from the top and centered about the same distance apart (you are going to tie the ribbon around the lollipop stick, so the holes are going to be on either side of the stick...make them as close or as far apart as you want).

To make Santa's buckle, I happened to own the Sizzix Buckle's die (which I got on clearance and have never used before). I cut that from a piece of silver glitter paper that came in a Martha Stewart Halloween pack from few years ago. For the band of white, I used a Snow Marker (made by Marvy Uchida). The pen goes on as a liquid, but puffs up when you apply heat to it. Finally, I cut the label with a Spellbinders Label 10 die and stamped the sentiment in Memento Lady Bug ink.

All the parents thought these were cute, but the kids were so excited for the treat inside that I'm not sure they really looked at the design :-) That's okay with me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment