Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Snow Many Good Ideas Out There

Created by Emma at
My Creative Time
There are so many cute ideas out there for holiday gift giving and I have been loving visiting everyone's blogs to see what creative projects they've come up with. 

Recently, My Creative Time (MCT) featured a wonderful 12 Days of Christmas blog hop where the design team came up with so many terrific projects. (Although the prize has already been awarded, all of the links are still live so pop on over for some holiday inspiration). On Day 7, MCT's own Ms. Emma, demonstrated how to make this adorable little snowman gift jar and I just knew I would have to give him a try.

My husband liked him so much that he asked me to make a few for his office and some others on his list. 25 in all! Well, that would mean that I'd have to tweak the design a little bit to make them a bit more portable. Emma's cutie was made with a glass jar she found at Hobby Lobby, but when I went there I actually found a slightly larger version in plastic in the Sand Art aisle. The only problem was that the neck of my bottle had the groves on it...so I couldn't put his face right on the jar. No worries, a quick order to Peachy Keen Stamps and I had some Winter Faces en route that would work perfectly :-)

So here is my take on Ms. Emma's super cute snowman. These little guys are being transported in small gift bags, so I left off the little branch arms and the sentiment tag on the hat since they would probably fall off anyway. The jar that I bought holds about 5 1/2 ounces of M&Ms...so it's a real sweet treat!


Hope you find some holiday inspiration today!

4 comments:

  1. SUPER CUTE Miss Stacy!!!! EXCELLENT Job my friend!
    Hugs,
    Emma:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! They will be a sweet surprise anyone would be happy to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little guy looks familiar! Our family loves ours. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete