Saturday, January 19, 2013

BE Inspired--To Get Butter Soon

With so much sickness going around this winter, I figured I'd better get a couple of get well cards ready. My oldest son has yet another cold, but it seems to be pretty mild so far. My Dad on the other hand, is battling something and we're all just hoping that the doctors get to the bottom of it quickly and help him get better soon. 

I've had this adorable Reel Time stamp set from The Alley Ways stamps for awhile. I've used some of the other images in my scrapbook layouts but haven't had a need (thank goodness) to use the "get butter soon" sentiment stamps until today.

I am submitting this for this week's BE Inspired-#20 challenge, although I really didn't use enough to pink (just on the little nose) to actually represent the inspiration photo. I tried using pink ribbon but it felt too much like a Valentine's Day card and that wasn't the look I was trying to achieve. So my layers are kraft, white, black, and red instead. 


Supplies:  Kraft and white cardstock by Neenah, pattern paper from MME  Christmas paper pack.
Stamps from  TAWS Reel Time set and Peachy Keen Stamps Cute and Cuddly Assorted Faces. Ribbon by Offray.

I think it came out pretty cute! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you stay healthy this winter and won't need a card like this to cheer you up.








5 comments:

  1. how totally fun.. thanks for the smile.. Thanks for linking up at The Alley Way Stamps.. Be Inspired challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! thanks for playing along at TAWS Be Inspired:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would HAVE to bring a smile to your son or your dad. (Fingers crossed that no one else gets sick, but it seems like it's that kind of year!) So glad to see you at The Alley Way Stamps BE Inspired Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww..this is so fun! I agree this would bring a fun smile to someone who is sick.. I love how you used the inspirational photo.. thanks for joining with us for The Alley Way Stamps BE Inspired Challenge #20.. hugs
    -Ali

    ReplyDelete