Thursday, January 17, 2013

OWH Midweek Throwdown Challenge--Show Us Your Green

I had so much fun the other day playing with alcohol inks, that I decided to use that same technique to make a few more cards to add to my Operation Write Home box. And since the mid-week throwdown challenge over on the Stars and Stripes blog was to make GREEN cards, I pulled out the Lettuce, Citrus and Meadow alcohol inks.



I first created the green background (on the card on the left) and die cut the word with My Favorite Things Die-namics Highrise Alphabet lowercase. I used the negative space in the first card for the sentiment, but saved the cut letters to create a second card. How cool is that? Two cards with one swoop! The stamped images are from Lawn Fawn's Flutter By stamp set and I colored them in with Copics. Easy peasy and VERY green!
I hope you can join us for the Mid-Week Throwdown. Can't wait to go see what the other ladies have created! Thanks for stopping by!
 

5 comments:

  1. Very nice cards for this challenge. I like the second one best. Thanks for leaving a nice comment on my blog. To create the ribbon, all you have to do is run a piece of double sided tape along the line where you want the ribbon to go. I start from the left side and just put a tiny piece on the tape, then fold it so you get the loop. Repeat that all the way across the tape. It's not hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy, How clever of you using the negative for one card and the letters for the other -- both are wonderful cards and very cheerful. Nice job with the alcohol inks too. That is something I would like to play with some day.

    Sharon S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know how to make your supplies work for you, and I love how both cards turned out! Those big, bold letters really pack some punch, and I love the pink flowers on both cards! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really clever idea to use the negative portion for one card and the letters for the other. I am enamored by large sentiments, and those big thanks just make me smile. The floral backgrounds you created are gorgeous and I love the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. I also often make two cards from my die cuts (positive and negative.)

    ReplyDelete