Monday, January 7, 2013

What Happened to My Resolutions?

I was listening on the news today that by now (7 days into the New Year) 60% of women will have given up, or cheated, on their New Year's resolutions. I am proud to say that I am not among that 60%. See this year, I didn't really set any New Year's resolutions and so I can't really be accused of not sticking to them can I? I think that was pretty ingenious of me, actually!

In all seriousness, I find New Year's resolutions rather depressing. They are always the same for me and I inevitably fail to follow through on most of them...get in shape, eat healthier, and be nicer to my family (hee-hee). So this year, I've decided that instead of making resolutions, I am going to set some goals. And instead of resolving to do things to make me "a better version of myself" I am going to make a list of goals that I want to accomplish by the end of 2013. I think I have a far better chance of being able to check some things off my to do list than to gauge how much I will weigh in December. And since I think making time for crafting actually does make me a "better version of myself"...I've set a number of crafting goals for myself.

So here goes, my list of goals for 2013 includes:

  • Participate in at least two challenges (card or page layout) per month. This will help keep the mojo going throughout the year.
  • Write at least one blog post per week.
  • Join a blog hop (not just to follow....but to be a blog on the hop).
  • Practice, practice, practice coloring with my Copics in the hopes that I learn to stay within the lines.
  • Learn how to use (and not break) my sewing machine. I want to produce one card with machine stitching on it...just one, that shouldn't be THAT hard.
  • Catch up on my scrapbook layouts so I am never more than 1 month behind the calendar (right now I am scrapping photos from July...so it's not an unrealistic goal).
  • Double the number of cards I sent to OWH (Operation Write Home) in 2012. I have sent 146....so that means at least 292 for 2013.
That's it...7 crafting goals. Seven is a lucky number, so I am going to stop there. The last post on my blog for this year will be an update to see how well I did. Hopefully I will have some additional items on the list and that should feel pretty good.

And with that, I leave you with a cute little card that I made for our good friends who helped us ring in the New Year with style! It is definitely a departure from my usual style of card, but I just adore the Party Hardy digital image from Saturated Canary that I couldn't wait to use her on a card.



Supplies: Patterned paper from DCWV and K&Company, Neenah Solar White cardstock base,  Dies from Spellbinders and QuickKutz, Digital stamp from Saturated Canary, cling stamp from Hero Arts (Work Gears) for background, Shadow Inks from Hero Arts, & Copics.
May all your dreams for the New Year come true! Thanks for stopping by.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment