Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Play Date with Mojo

Today, I came up to the craft room to make a birthday card for my nephew Ben. He's all grown up now and just moved to New York City, so I need some help coming with an idea for a masculine card. Luckily, I had lots of inspiration right in my inbox. 

I absolutely love this week's sketch (#281) created by Mary Fish over at the Mojo Monday blog. It's clean, it's simple, and lends itself well to coordinating pattern papers within the circles. I knew it would be the perfect design for my  masculine card.

Once I had the sketch selected, then I needed to pick a color scheme. Today, The Play Date Cafe (in partnership with the Twinery) offered up this color scheme to the left--stone, buttercream and denim. Unfortunately, I didn't have any Twinery twine in the right colors so I had to substitute with gold and royal embroidery floss. I really wish I had their Buttercream bakers twine...it would have been the perfect finishing touch.


Here is the card that I created (with the help of my "Play Date with Mojo"...
Supplies: Pattern paper by K& Company and Echo Park,  Lattice stamp by  Savvy Stamps,
birthday present from unknown source, small sentiment stamp by Hero Arts.

I'll be entering this card in both the Mojo Monday Sketch #281 challenge and The Play Date Cafe challenge #170. But first, I better get this card in the mail before I miss Ben's birthday!

3 comments:

  1. I love the pattern papers you used. The colors work perfectly! Thanks for playing at the play date cafe.

    ReplyDelete