Monday, February 4, 2013

A Tri-Fold Shutter Birthday Card

For Christmas, my brother's wife Jess, found an adorable book of Pop-Up Cards written by Mari Kumada.  And since it's her birthday on Wednesday, I decided that I should use that book to create her birthday card. After looking through all the designs and templates in the book, I realized that I might have to start with a pop-up card that was a little more basic (there was a simple birthday present card, but my sister in law is a designer and so I need to work a bit harder to impress her :-)

Anyway, going through the book reminded me of a tutorial that I saw posted by Operation Write Home leader, Sandy Allnock, for a tri-fold shutter card. The thing I love about Sandy's tutorials is that in addition to printed directions she walks you step by step through the project in a video, which makes it so much easier to follow along. So without further ado....here's my sister-in-law's pop up birthday card. I just put it in the mail today (so Jess if you are reading this...don't peek)!



Opened up

A view from above

How cool is that? The patterned papers I used are from The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby) and the balloons were punched with the Martha Stewart punch. I used Paper Studio's Everyday Expressions clear stamps to create the sentiment on the front of the card and inside I used a wooden stamp from Great Expressions. 

Thanks for stopping by!


 

3 comments:

  1. Great use of the space on this card, Stacy! Love this fresh fun make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job for your 1st attempt! Everything looks so even and perfectly placed. Your sister in law is going to be so impressed with your talent!! The color coordination is perfect!! I am going to have to check out that video. Yes, Sandy is an amazing instructor and I am so thankful for all she does! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this card! It would brighten anybody's day.

    ReplyDelete