Friday, February 8, 2013

Happy Chinese New Year Blog Hop

Sunday, February 10th marks the beginning of the Year of the Snake and to celebrate Emily Leiphart is hosting a Chinese New Year blog hop. Not only is it fun to see what she and her designer friends have created to share, but along the way several artists have created free digital stamps that you can use to play along. The sponsors of the blog hop are giving away some amazing prizes...so I just had to make a card to submit. I had every intention of using ALL the digital images together...but I simply couldn't pull that off.


For my card, I used two of the digi images (the lanterns and the sentiment) from Melania Deasy of Deasy Designs. Melania also created an adorable little snake to go with this stamp collection, but I decided to ink up my snake stamp from The Alley Way Stamps Tropic Topic set. The cherry blossom branch was cut using the Cricut Pagoda cartridge.

Thanks Emily for hosting a great hop and for the designers and sponsors for the great digis and prizes. This has been a really fun way to spend a snow day here in the Northeast! Let someone else find Nemo...I'm crafting :-)
 

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Stacy! I love how you incorporated the sentiment and lanterns. Thanks so much for playing along during our Chinese New Year celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so fun and festive. Love how you add cherry blossoms, snake and latterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute! I love the strung lanterns and the popped up tiny flowers. Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A-DORable! Love the cherry blossom branch. The added dimension of the snake and lanterns really bring them to life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic card - bright, cheerful, and the cherry blossoms are so pretty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete