Saturday, February 16, 2013

It's a Virtual Card Making Party at Operation Write Home

In honor of President's Day, Operation Write Home is hosting a Virtual Card Making Party on their blog. Over the course of today and tomorrow, 10 hostesses will post card making challenges on their blogs. All you have to do, is follow the instructions, create a card, and link it up. This is such a great way for me to get the mojo going and to create at least 10 more cards for our heroes.

First up, Erika challenged us to "get our zig on"... using the trendy chevron pattern to create a card. Here's my version... 



I stamped the chevron background from the Paper Smooches Geo-graphic set in three shades of Hero Arts shadow Ink (soft pool, mid-tone navy, and mid-tone Green Hills. The sentiment and little alien are from the Paper Smooches Little Fella set and colored with Copic markers. You can't tell from the photo but popped him up on foam adhesive and I coated his eyes with glossy accents to make them sparkle a bit.


Next up on the challenge, Misty has challenged us to create a "critter" card. I've been waiting to ink up a stamp of our OWH mascot, Ciara, so that will be my critter. Unfortunately, I have to go to work soon...so the challenges may have to wait a bit. The links will stay up until February 25th, so there is plenty of time to create along with the hostesses. Please join the fun!

Thanks for stopping by.




8 comments:

  1. I love the flow of color in ths card. I would have never thought to vary the colors so. Lil monster dude is cute too!
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I am loving that crazy little monster and the sentiment :D What a perfect card for a boy. Sometimes those boy cards are hard to come by. Love your use of chevrons. :) That overlapping layer with the blue is a really neat look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card for a guy! I love his crazy eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stamping on the background chevrons is spot on, and I like the detail on the image where they overlap with the background. Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a creative card, for sure! I love the way you continued the chevrons onto the white card and those green & blue inks are a great combination. Thanks for playing along in my challenge today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you carried the zig zag pattern across the base of the image in this card. It add's a lot of dimension. This will be a great card for a hero to send home to their little guy with the fun monster and bright colors. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way you brought the chevron right through the picture...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have that monster stamp too, so your card caught my eye. I like how you made him look silly and not scary:) And continuing your background chevrons on the front panel is so clever! - Mindy H.

    ReplyDelete