Sunday, February 17, 2013

OWH VCMP Challenge #4--Things with Wings

If you've been following along with the Virtual Card Making Party over at Operation Write Home you'll notice that I am slightly behind on the challenges. There were 5 posts yesterday and they just announced the 4th post for today. I've only completed 2 challenges (3 if you count the one that I am about to reveal). I better get going.

Not only am I behind, but challenge #3 has me really stumped, so I am going to have to take more time to make that one happen. In school when I was stumped on a question, the teacher always told me to skip it and come back to it later, so that's what I am doing with challenge #3...but I will come back.

For challenge #4, Yvonne over at Penguin Papers challenged us to create a card "With Wings"... immediately I thought of bees buzzing around a hive. So I created a mini hive here:


First I embossed some Bazzill paper with the Honeycomb embossing folder by Cuttlebug and cut out a circle with my Spellbinders Nestabilities (I also cut a thin circle from black to frame the cut out). I wanted to make it look like you were peering into the bee's nest, so I used some Scattered Straw distress stickles behind a sheet of acetate to resemble honey and stamped a few bees from an unknown stamp set to hover over their supply. The bee on the outside of the frame was cut from the Cricut Garden Soup cartridge and the sentiment is actually from the Paper Smooches Cyber Cafe set, which is all about coffee and tea...but seemed to work perfectly for bees as well :-)

Okay, off to tackle the other challenges. I hope you'll play along with us. This is such a fun way to push your creativity and inspire you to try new things.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment