Saturday, February 16, 2013

OWH Virtual Card Making Party Challenge #2

Just popping in real quick to post my second entry for the Operation Write Home Virtual Card Making Party. This is it for me for while since I have to go to work and then to my parent's house for a birthday celebration. So no more crafting today :-(

Misty over at DeLiteful Gifts has posted challenge #2: All Creatures Great and Small. Her instructions were to create a card featuring a critter. I think the goal was to create cards for kids, but I am going to use my card as an Any Hero card, since my box is a little low on those.

Without further ado, here's Ciara:

The background paper is from a very old (to me) stack from Tim Holtz called Retro Grunge. I bought the pad on clearance years ago, but still have a couple of pieces left and thought it would be the perfect one to go with Ciara in camouflage stamp from Stamper's Best that I bought when I first heard about Operation Write Home. The sentiment is from Paper Smooches Woofers and Tweeters set.

I can't wait to check back in later and see what the remaining 3 challenges are for the day. I hope you'll join us. I can't wait to see what you create.

4 comments:

  1. Stacy, this is adorable. I 'dig' that paper and your coloring on Ciara is great. Camo stamp? I never knew. Any hero cards are great, several of mine will go there. Have fun at party!
    Thanks for playing along.

    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love your background paper! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it awesome to use up your scraps :) I'm trying to get rid of as many as possible this weekend! That is a cool pattern for the background and of course that Ciara is always a cutie. Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card highlights our favorite dog Ciara perfectly! Wonderful job...I especially like the background paper.

    ReplyDelete