Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Paper Smooches February Designer Drafts Challenge

I've been away from the craft room for a bit...thanks to getting hit pretty hard by the Blizzard of 2013 (not so fondly known as Nemo). It is amazing how quickly the temperature in the house can drop without power. Luckily, power's back and the snow is melting...soon it will all be just a memory.

A weekend without crafting has left me seriously behind on my card  making though. First up, a card for my dad's birthday next week. I love the sketch that is featured on this month's Paper Smooches Designer Drafts challenge and decided to use it for his card.  Sometimes I just can't figure out how to pull a card together, so working from a sketch makes the process go much quicker. It requires less thinking on my part...all I have to do is pick the papers and choose what image or what stamps I am going to use. The rest is easy.

The card is pretty straight forward. I used paper from Echo Park's Times & Seasons Collection and stamps from Paper Smooches My Guy set. My dad loves to play golf so the sentiment is perfect for him. And after this past weekend of snow shoveling, we are all certainly thinking of spring and craving warm-weather outdoor activities like golf.

Thanks for visiting! Have a great night.


 

5 comments:

  1. I love the stamps and elements you chose for this card...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh...I absolutely love this...what a fabulous guy card. You rocked the sketch! Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great masculine card! Love the colors and how you used the sketch. Thanks for joining us for this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your power is back on! I have another friend who was without power all weekend - yuck! Glad to hear the snow is melting! Your card is fabulous! Love that paper... perfect for this great masculine card. I think I have some in my stash... must dig it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Love the colors and the ticket you added. Such a great touch to the card.

    ReplyDelete