Sunday, March 3, 2013

ABNH Challenge #21--Make Your Own

Over at A Blog Named Hero they have come up with a great challenge this week to really stretch your stamps. Titled, Make Your Own (Embellishment, that is), this challenge asks you to use Hero Arts stamps to create your own embellishment to add to a card or project. There are so many great examples from the design team. 

I have been using the Hero Arts All the Time set a lot recently to finish up my box of cards for Operation Write Home, so I thought I would play around with the clock faces to make my own clock! The Tim Holtz Vintage Cabinet Card die from Sizzix was the perfect clock base and I used my Spellbinders Nestabilities circles to cut both the opening for the clock face, the frame around the opening and the acetate sheet covering the clock face. I trimmed the sides and the bottom of the Vintage Cabinet Card cutout to make it fit to the card and to allow more of the background to peek through.

To create the background, I stamped the Hero Arts  Work Gears cling stamp in Versamark and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I used some Distress Inks (in the colors of antique linen, vintage photo, and walnut stain) to create a warm background and to accentuate the time theme. The sentiment is also from the Hero Arts All the Time set.

A small glossy brown brad was the perfect finishing touch to the clock face. Here is a close up of the clock face.

I'm pretty psyched with how it came out and am glad that I stumbled upon the challenge to push me to use my stamps in a fresh new way. I can't to see the other submissions.

2 comments:

  1. This is so nice - great idea with the clock! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely phenomenal. That clock looks so real!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at A Blog Named Hero! :)

    ReplyDelete