Thursday, March 28, 2013

OWH Midweek Throwdown Starring....Me!

I am so excited that Jan from Operation Write Home selected one of my cards for the inspiration for this week's OWH Midweek Throwdown theme of Stripes. So even though I already played along for the inspiration card...I wanted to put together another card for the challenge.

Yesterday, I saw this great card made by Cristina Kowalczyk featuring big bold stripes inspired by a beach towel. I loved the look so much that I used it for my background for this card. Taking Cristina's lead, I created navy stripes out of Bazzill cardstock and adhered them to a white panel of Neenah Solar White. To make mine slightly different, I embossed the bottom 1 1/2 inch strip with the small dots folder from Cuttlebug and tied a red ribbon at the top of the embossed panel. It looked very nautical now and the dots reminded me of raindrops.

The image is a digi stamp from Some Odd Girl called Puddle Hopping Tia. She is so adorable and I colored her in primary colors so the whole card has a bold, cheery feel. The sentiment is stamped and heat embossed from Everyday Expressions by Paper Studio (my go to sentiment stamps lately).

I love how she turned out and can't wait to see what everyone else creates over at the OWH Throwdown. Hope to see your creations there. 

5 comments:

  1. I love the stripes and your colors. Thanks for your inspiration card...it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card and I loved seeing your inspiration card-- it was fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic card! Your stripes and the fun image work well together--great inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, colorful card. Nice big stripes and the embossing is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The big, bold stripes add so much life to your card. Nice choice! TFS!

    ReplyDelete