Thursday, May 2, 2013

I'm Still Here...and the LOAD Fun Has Just Begun!

So I mentioned in my last post that I was going to be focusing on scrapbooking for the next month as part of Lain Ehmann's Layout-a-Day (LOAD513). We're on Day 2 and I am loving it! Each night at 12:00 midnight, Lain sends out the prompt for the next day. I have been staying up just to get the prompt, which gives me the whole night to dream (or lie awake planning) what I want to scrap the next day.  Although all the prompts relate to the board game CLUE in some way or another, the first two prompts were fairly open ended, so it was just a matter of figuring out what and how I wanted to tell the stories. 

For Day 1, the prompt focused white, after the character Mrs. White. So you could scrap about something white, use all white or just white space, or perhaps scrap about the characteristics of Mrs. White the CLUE character. I chose to scrap about the white winter that we just wrapped up. Here's my layout.



Day 2's prompt had to do with a weapon. My weapon of choice was my paper piercer and I used it to create the border lines as well as the hand-stitched heart embellishment on the page. This layout was particularly special to me because it is one of the only pictures I have of my Nana (my father's Mom) and I. She died at a young age when I was only 3 years old and I wish I had had more time to get to know her. She apparently liked to collect things and was especially fond of gadgets...so I think of her often when I am in my craft room and using one tool or another to complete a project. I think Nana would have been proud (or slightly aghast) at the array of products I've amassed.


Lain has also challenged her Facebook followers to join her this month in a Use It Up Challenge....to use older supplies from our stash. So many of the items on both of these layouts are older and I am thrilled to be putting them to good use. I won't bother listing all the products I've used, but if you have a question about a particular product, just leave me a comment and I'll get right back to you.

For those of my viewers who are not into scrapbooking, I am going to combine posts every few days so you can skip right past them if you are looking for card designs. But if you've been neglecting your scrapbooks like I have and want a fun way to motivate yourself to dive back in make sure you stop by Layout-a-Day. It's a LOAD of fun! 

1 comment:

  1. love the house on the white LO! I need to do some scrappin' too...

    ReplyDelete