Monday, May 20, 2013

LOAD 513 Pages from Days 18-20


The days of May are flying by thanks to LOAD 513 (Layout a Day). I am still loving the challenge but must admit that this weekend I sort of hit a wall. The prompts are getting more difficult for me. fortunately I seem to have an endless supply of photos, so as long as I can keep the creativity flowing for 10 more days, I should be able to complete the month on schedule.

First up is a layout I did for Day 18 where the prompt was Jealousy (as a motive for crime). I didn't quite know where to go with this one, so I ended up journaling about my relationship with my cousins who grew up in the same town as I did and who seemed at the time to "have it all." It was a bit of a stretch...but overall, I like how the layout came out and I am glad that I was able to scrap this photo since I don't see my cousins much any more.


The prompt for Day 19 was based on the best selling Sue Grafton novel A is for Alibi. I used a play on words to capture some photos from my father's side of the family...the Almy's. I am so glad that my father found these photos. I was close to his Uncle and Aunt growing up and remember them fondly so having a photo of them before they passed is great. And he was even able to find this rare photo of HIS grandmother (my great grandmother Almy)...so that was an added bonus. I am loving how I am able to capture some of the family history and preserve it so my kids will know about their ancestors when they get older.


Today's post (Day 20) was about Suspense. Again, I struggled to find a photo that would capture the essence of the prompt. But then I thought about anticipation and this shot popped into my head. We've had a somewhat difficult year this year and so I was more than eager to end 2012 and welcome in the New Year. So the suspense of finding out what 2013 had in store was the perfect way to document today's prompt.



Now for those of you folks who are sick of seeing scrapbook layouts...have no fear. I have a couple of cards coming up this weekend since I am participating in the Operation Write Home Memorial Day Blog Hop! And if you check back in later in the week keep your eyes posted for my first ever giveaway! I've got some great cardmaking goodies to giveaway to one lucky reader.

Thanks for sticking with this long post. Have a great night!

 

1 comment:

  1. I saw your Almy layout and commented on it. You're doing fine. Remember, it doesn't have to be exactly what the prompt is or in the same context. Bravo for continuing on. I'm with you all the way.

    ReplyDelete