Sunday, June 30, 2013

Here I am....with an OWH Sunday Sketch!

Sketch #179
I can't believe how long I've been away from the blog. The month of June seems like a complete blur. Now that the kids are out of school, I am finding it harder to find time to create...never mind blog about it. But today, my DH took the kids to the pool and so I managed to get in a few hours of crafty alone time.

I still need a few more cards for my Operation Write Home box, so I decided to play along with this week's Sunday sketch over at Operation Write Home to get some inspiration. I had a lot of fun playing with this sketch and found that it is a great one to use up some of those old scraps that we all hoard.

I made several variations of the card, but this one is my favorite. I used lots of patterned papers from both My Mind's Eye Lime Twist and K&Company's Poppy Seed. The sentiment stamp is from Hero Arts and the star border on the right of the front panel was made with a Martha Stewart punch. Super simple.



Well that's it for today. Gotta get ready to go to a BBQ. Looks like the weather may be yucky later in the week...so hopefully I'll get some more craft time :-)

7 comments:

  1. How cheerful! I like that the paper you used for your mats is patterned because it looks like stitching to me. Neat effect! That border punch is really cool, too. I might have to look for it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The border punch is really fun and I love all the papers you used-and love the way you used the bracket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the idea to use a bracket for a mustache!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a bright and cheery card! The paper's perfect and using the bracket was a great idea. Also, like Kathryn, I really, really like your mats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The soothing-to-the-eye color combination really makes the sentiment stand out. I like this one a lot. And this sketch was fun since I enjoy layering--the more layers the better is my motto :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Love the punched star border.
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these colors! The star border and the star accents in the corner are perfect to bring it all together. Love the orange accent cut from the same paper. Great job ~ so glad you found a little time to work it in! TFS

    ReplyDelete