Thursday, July 25, 2013

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...I hope

Our friend's daughter recently graduated high school and although we couldn't go to the party, we've been meaning to send her a card and gift. 

Having just come back from vacation, I needed some serious help getting back into the crafting groove. So I headed over to Pinterest and started searching for graduation card ideas. Within seconds, I found this adorable card created by Mary Bellis that was originally shared over at the Stamping to Share blog. Mary's blog can be found here

I didn't have the Stampin' Up products that Mary used, but I knew I could pull it off. I started off by stamping the flourish background in Memento Tuxedo black with a cling mounted stamp (not sure of manufacturer, but feels like a Unity stamp). I stamped the sentiment from the Smarty Pants set by Paper Smooches. The butterflies were cut using a Martha Stewart punch from scraps of paper I've been saving. And finally, the graduation cap was cut from the Create a Critter 2 Cricut cartridge.


Thanks everyone for stopping by and special thanks to Mary Bellis for this great card design.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment