Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Little Mixed Media Love

I just love the look of mixed media projects. The layers, the texture, the randomness...it's so much fun. So any chance I get to play around a bit...I take it. So for my husband's anniversary card (19 years...OMG!) I combined my love for him and my love of mixed media artwork. So happy with how it turned out (the card and my life).



I started out decoupaging some old dictionary pages onto some Neenah solar white cardstock. You might not be able to see in the picture, but I used words from the dictionary relating to anniversary and love themes. Then I took a magazine cut out of a man and a woman standing together and laid it on top of the background and sprayed with some Dylusions spray ink (postbox red and lemon zest). Once that dried, I traced around the image with a black fine tip pen. Some spray ink seeped under the image, so I ended up going over the whole background with some antique linen distress ink so the white wasn't so glaring. Then I took my Wplus9 Country charm checkerboard border stamp to place an outline around the card, stamped a Hero Arts heart over the man's torso, and used some modeling paste and a Tim Holtz stencil to create the little patches of dots. The card was finished off by welding the "love" sentiment in Cricut Craft Room, cutting it out on black cardstock, and tracing around it with a white marker.

Hope you get a chance to get crafty today!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment