Monday, November 11, 2013

LOAD in Vogue Wrap Up

I apologize that the blog has been a bit quiet...but I certainly have been busy crafting. I finished up my LOAD in Vogue Challenge (31 layouts in 31 days) and have started a new one (thanks to Amy P over at ScrapHappy) for what she calls the Turkey Ten.

So before I get too far behind...I wanted to post my final layouts for LOAD in Vogue and highlight some of my favorites.

As is customary at the end of LOAD, I compiled this pages to showcase all the layouts that I completed in the month.
It's such a great sense of accomplishment when you see them all together.

And here are some of my favorites from the end of the month:

I created this tie dye layout using some alcohol ink and tissue paper. Such a fun way to mimic the
design on my son's t-shirt and give the page some texture.

Throughout LOAD my goal was to work on layering (like the pros do it). I'm not there yet, but had a lot of fun trying.

Such a fun story from my childhood to get on paper. I still harass my mom about the Shoe Barn. I am traumatized by knock off shoes!

Not only do I love this layout...but my younger son helped me with the photo shoot so it's extra special.
Plus, the journaling is a personal note to my kids from me.

I love how the layering came out on this layout and love putting my Cricut Pagoda cartridge to use to document our family
tradition of Japanese Hibachi cuisine for birthday celebrations. Just fun!

Now I am all caught up on my 2012 book...hoping to finish my Disney album before the kids go back to school on Wednesday. So I'll be back soon with more layouts before the week is out.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you find some time to be crafty this Veteran's Day weekend. And to all the Veterans who have served this country proud...thank you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment