Friday, December 13, 2013

Better Late Than Never, I Guess

Oh I had such high expectations for December. Back in November, I planned all of these great activities to help me stay crafty and embrace the holiday spirit. I signed up for an online photography class with Katrina Kennedy focusing on capturing holiday spirit, I bought some Project Life page inserts with the intent of incorporating December daily layouts into my 2013 scrapbook, and I signed up to participate in a Christmas Card Swap with some fellow ScrapHappy gals since I don't normally make cards for the 140 folks on our holiday card list.

But here's my reality. I've printed the lesson plans from the photography class but have yet to snap a photo. I've been behind since it started....we only got our tree up last weekend and so taking photos of Christmas lights was a bit challenging. The good news is that I can go back to the lessons at anytime, so all is not lost.

I've given up entirely on the December daily idea...I don't remember what I did yesterday, never mind what I did December 1-11. I'll save those pages for next year and maybe I'll start making pages now so that I truly accomplish it next year (or maybe not).

The point of this blog post is not to complain about what I didn't do, but rather celebrate the one thing that I did do...I finished all 18 cards for my holiday card swap and I actually like some of the them (a lot even). So without further ado here are some samples:

Washi tape and Merry Borders stamp set by Stampendous

Washi Tape and Merry Everything stamp set from Simon Says Stamp

Toby elf stamp from Deck the Halls by Some Odd Girl and
sentiment from Joyful Greetings by Paper Smooches


My Favorite Things alpha dies, sentiment stamps by Paper Studio
and Santa hat stickers by Jolee's.

Light bulb stickers from Sticko, sentiment from Joyful Greeting
by Paper Smooches.

Merry Border stamps from Stampendous and Santa hat from Jolee's.

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. I really do appreciate your visits and your comments.

May your holidays be happy and your New Year filled with crafty goodness!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment