Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My Muse (and my mojo) is gone...

Despite being right in the middle of LOAD 214 (Layout a Day's scrapbook challenge)...my mojo has come to a screeching halt. 

On February 5th, we said goodbye to our little furry girl, Bailey. She was 19 and although that is a great, long life for a kitty, it didn't make it any easier to say goodbye. Fortunately, we were all home that day and were able to be with her in her last minutes. She always kept me company when I crafted and I often had to move her out of my chair so I could get to the computer. It seems weird being in here without her today.

Two days before she died, I created this layout for one of the LOAD challenges. I am so glad that I did. Although the picture of her reminds me of how fast she was declining (food all over her face)...it's a wonderful close up and still makes me smile.


One of the last layouts that I created was a two-page spread with old photos of Bailey and her brother Huck (who we lost 2 years ago). The prompt was to use something old, and the photos were the perfect way to memorialize the little ones.




I've gotten so far behind the LOAD prompts that I probably won't do any more this month...but I have few cards to make today so I better get going. It's hard to craft when you are sad...but I'm hoping that my mojo returns soon. I miss crafting almost as much as I miss my little Bailey.

Here's to hoping...

2 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss. One of my babies was sick and a 16 a couple of the vets were thinking he might have cancer. He still might but antibiotics have taken care of the fever and he's feeling better now but I know the end is coming faster than I'd like. Loved your layouts and maybe I'll still see you on LOAD (it's a quick way to get something done, even if it's not great.) Francine aka DragonsLady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss. They do leave paw prints on our hearts don't they.

    ReplyDelete