Sunday, April 6, 2014

True Stamp 2014 was AMAZING!

So it's been very quiet on the blog lately but I've been busy behind the scenes taking classes, playing around with some new techniques and getting my scrapbook pages done...slowly but surely.

This weekend I "attended" Lain Ehmann's True Stamp 2014 and it was amazing. This full-day on-line event brought together some of the industry's biggest and brightest stampers. Just look at this lineup:


  • Bobbi Lemansky & Kim Ziehr from Raisin Boat
  • Shari Carroll from Simon Says Stamp
  • Kim Hughes from Paper Smooches
  • Bev Grey from Technique Tuesday
  • Kelly Marie Alvarez & Chari Moss from Lawn Fawn
  • Nichol Magourik and Kryssi Ng from Mama Elephant
The stamping, the techniques the shared, and the cards that they made were unique, beautiful, and so inspiring. I have so many ideas brewing in my little brain that I can't quite contain myself. Now just to the find the time to get crafting.

In the meantime, I wanted to share this adorable idea that I "borrowed" from fellow ScrapHappy members Connie and Donna(aka OrangeGearle) to make your own enamel dots from Perler beads (those little hollow plastic beads). Head over to Donna's blog to get the directions...but in the meantime here's a sneak peak of the end result.



I tried the Elmer's brand of beads (seen at the very bottom of the page and unfortunately they produced tiny to medium sized holes in the dots). I won't throw them away though...with a dab of Ranger White Enamel or Liquid Pearls you can fill up the hole, or simply insert a brad like I did in the flower for an adorable (and handmade) embellishment to your cards or scrapbook layouts.

Well I'm off to make some more dots. Be sure to check back in the next week or two for some more peeks at the new techniques that I'll be trying out.

Thanks for stopping by.
 

2 comments:

  1. COOL ! Thanks for sharing the link, I'm off to check it out now ! Question: what have you found is the best adhesive to attach them ? I'd be sad to see them pop off of cards I submitted to Operation Write Home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, thanks for stopping by. My go to adhesive for these types of embellishments is Glossy Accents. It's pretty strong and seems to hold perfectly. Have fun!

      Delete