Friday, October 24, 2014

All About Me Scrapbook Page

It's almost the end of October and I am not sure where the time has gone. The Fall is always a crazy time...the kids are back in school, the sports schedules overlap, and to top it all off, work picked up after a pretty quiet summer. It was a perfect storm that has eaten right into my crafting time.

That being said, I've managed to do a few projects and am committing to resurrecting this blog and posting on a more regular basis. I finally changed the photo on the top since I never really loved the one before and this new one is bright and cheery and makes me smile.

Today, I am sharing with you the first layout I did for our October members-only Layout a Day (LOAD) challenge. The prompt instructed us to create a fun page about ourselves. I had seen other people create layouts with lists of facts about them that correlated with their birthday age and got in my head the idea to make my page resemble a quilt, with tidbits about me in each shape. Good thing I am only 46, as you can see, I would have run out space if I were any older. I printed out the journaling on some scrap pieces of paper and then punched them with my Fiskar's hexagon punch. Unfortunately, I placed the photo down first...so the spacing is a bit off and to compensate, I used some stitching in the corner to tie in with the quilting theme.


In the end, I love how this turned out and think I want to make it a tradition of creating a birthday page each year (not necessarily with the hexagon pattern, but some way to capture what is going on in my life at that point in time). I imagine it will be fun to look back on these in a few years. Have you ever done a layout about yourself? Feel free to link to yours in the comments below, I love to get inspiration from others.

Have a crafty day.

No comments:

Post a Comment