Friday, October 31, 2014

Anniversary Card

So you'd think that since it's Halloween that I'd be sharing something spooky, but I am working a few days behind schedule and forgot to share this card that I made for hubby in celebration of our 20th wedding anniversary.

The inspiration for this card came from a layout from one of my ScrapHappy "sistahs," who cited her inspiration to this Splitcoast stampers card found here.  

Rather than using patterned paper for my die cuts, I decided to create some of my own using Tim Holtz distress inks spritzed with water to give me a watercolor look in a more masculine color pallet.  Then I used my Spellbinders dies to cut out the hearts and outlined them in black marker. And finally, I hand stitched them onto the card front, since I still haven't figured out how to work my sewing machine. The sentiment is a quote from Goethe that I thought was similar to the one used in our vows (but it was so long ago that neither my husband or I remember the original).



Hope you have a scary night (if you celebrate Halloween)....if not, make it a crafty one.

No comments:

Post a Comment