Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Stitching Together a Couple of Cards

So after my first sewing lesson last week, I've been stitching up a storm....some projects more successful than others. 

First up is a clean and simple sympathy card (based on something I saw on Pinterest) that I made for a friend who suffered not only the loss of her father but her little grandson as well. No sooner had I finished this card, when I heard of another friend who lost her uncle and aunt this week as well. I should have made a few while I was at it. Try to overlook the fact that the stitching cuts across some of the butterfly wings...I'm still a beginner.

Butterfly die from Penny Black's Tag set and sentiment from My Favorite Things.
The second card was one that I tried stitching by machine, but ended up going the old fashioned route with a needle and thread since I'm just not practiced enough to turn corners. I'm not sure who this will go to...but I always need general greeting cards around the holidays for the teachers, mail carrier, and dry cleaner.

Snowflake punches by Fiskars, sentiment from Paper Smooches, and fabric from Hobby Lobby.

Not bad for a day's work. Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment