Monday, February 2, 2015

Layout a Day 215--Once Upon a Time

February is one of my favorite times of the year for crafting. I've just begun my 5th Layout a Day (LOAD) journey in this month-long challenge titled Once Upon a Time. We'll be telling the stories of our lives with an underlying them of literature and books...what could be more ideal from a former English major?

Our first prompt asked us to relate to a character from a childhood book...and that sort of stumped me. I have just finished organizing the hundreds of current day photos that need to be scrapped...so going back in time to scrap a childhood memory just wasn't on my to do list. For my page, I compromised and created a layout that featured a photo of some of my favorite books (and characters)--past and present.

Instead of actual journaling, I found this great quote by Lloyd Alexander that summed up my feelings perfectly. And what better way to put it on the page than in a homemade bookmark.

That's all for today. Time to work on my next art journal prompt for Documented Life Project (DLP)...stay tuned, I'll post pics when I am done.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment