Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Back to Card Making

Although I make cards regularly, I haven't posted any in quite awhile so I thought I'd share some that I created recently to replenish my stash. Unfortunately, I've had a number of reasons to send sympathy cards and actually had to send some store bought cards (gasp) because I didn't have extra time during the holidays to make my own.

So with the holiday hustle behind us, I spent a rainy afternoon creating some all occasion cards that I can send out in a pinch. I have seen a number of cards created using the layered floral stamps sets from companies like Altenew and although I love the look, I didn't have any of those stamps and didn't want to spend any more money right after the holidays. So I went through my stash and found this older flower stamp from Hero Arts and I added in the leaves from another clear stamp collection that I had. Sentiments came from the Many Greetings set from My Creative Time. 
 
I used my lighter and darker Copic markers to create a layered, almost watercolor look to the flowers. I purposefully didn't color right to the edges and even left specks of white on the flower petals for a unique look. Overall the design is very simple and I just changed up the colors and sentiments for variety (although all the cards shown are sympathy cards, I also created thank you and thinking of you cards to have on hand.) I love the simplicity of them and the colors are bright and cheery. The entire set just makes me happy.


Now here's hoping that I don't find reasons to send these sympathy cards out anytime soon, but at least I hope if I do need them, they brighten my friends' day.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment